WELCOME TO POTTER’S HEART OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
The Potters Heart Child Foundation (PHCF) is a non-governmental organization founded by a group of committed social workers in Wakiso district in 2013 to respond to the plight faced by children and the most at risk youths. The organization initially started as a volunteers group of Social Workers in 2012 and grew into (An indigenous NGO) of file No. MIA/NB/2014/02/1826. The formation of PHCF is in line with the ideology of Strengthening African Families. ”SAFe” in a call for change focused at ensuring that the children and most at risk youths are in safe happy and healthy families which should be a priority for all of us.
PHCF intends to bring on surface the role of family and community in the life of OVC and most at risk youth by influencing the use of expected parental style applicable to the child’s growth and development as a fully empowered person. We strive to build and restore confidence in society with a thrust to address the socio – economic status of families with OVC and most at risk youths through parenting support.
We Identify vulnerable families, link them to support and ensure that the required support has been provided.
OUR CORE THEMATIC INTERVENTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Family strengthening through livelihood, community mobilization and empowerment.2. Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV program.
3. Child protection and Psycho social support.
CORONA VIRUS IS REAL (COVID-19)
STAY HOME, WASH HANDS, WEAR YOUR MASKS AND OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- To promote observance of the rights of Orphans and other Vulnerable Children and most at risk youth and ensure that they are assisted through formal and non-formal education to reach their full potential.
- To set up vocational training centres to enable Orphans and other Vulnerable Children and most at risk youth access affordable quality hands on skills for survival for their betterment.
- To provide psychosocial support and basic care, career guidance development to youths at all levels.
- To strengthen families through parenting skills and livelihood programs to increase on their income and improve on childcare and protection.
- To create community health awareness campaigns on HIV/AIDS and SRH care and support among OVC and most at risk youth.
To act as a gateway to the communities through which many projects will be initiated, and managed by the community itself – “community empowerment